Sunday, January 30, 2011

And So It Is......

Welcome to the world Dream Morning Musume....

or rather...

Welcome back!

In response to the collective wishes of their fans, the members of Morning Musume who have all been in the group during their so-called "Golden Age" (plus Kusume Koharu) came back to the stage to do their songs again.

Now called Dream Morning Musume, they have 2 scheduled Tours this year plus an album. As expected, this album contains mostly their old hits. What makes this different from your average greatest hits package is that the songs are all or 90% remade. Yep, it's like their songs are being covered....by themselves. What can possibly beat that?

While not being a big fan of Morning Musume even if they were the first J-pop Idol group I listened to, I can't help being excited because, after all, this IS the Morning Musume I remember. I can't wait to listen to a made-over Love Machine and the 2011 version of the first ever MM/H!P song I ever heard: Morning Coffee.

I think the return of the OG should only bode well for the 9th Generation. They have this great opportunity to witness and hopefully perform with the ladies who are the prime reason that Morning Musume and Hello! Project exist. After all, these are the people who thought current leader Takahashi Ai everything she knows.

Now I don't know which I should buy: Maasa's DVD or DreamMusu....

No comments:

Post a Comment