Monday, January 10, 2011

Random Ramblings Volume 2

Seems like I made a mistake on my first "Random Ramblings" entry. Dran kindly pointed out that Berryz Kobo was not a "training unit" like I said but a group with a rotating lineup.

---

Don't blame me, I didn't even know until Dran pointed it out. In any case, what I said was what I actually knew about it. Anyway, Tsunku keeps on changing things a lot those times it was hard to keep track of what he was actually thinking.

---

And because of that, people think he was probably high on drugs when he made those decisions. Honestly I just think he was intent on trying on new things and we are all just thinking we know better.

---

And because he chose 4 new memebers for Morning Musume who have both talent and potential, I think that's a sign for everybody that wierd as he is, he is still - for the most part anyway - perfectly sane.

+++

Takahashi Ai, leader of Morning Musume, will be graduating. At least, that's what was said in Hello! Online's 2011 WInter Concert thread. Already, people in 2ch nd Hello! Online are saying things like "H!P Wota Graduation".

---

That's unfair. Everyone who joins Hello! Project knows they're going to graduate sometime. Every wota (at least the perfectly sane ones) know that things like these happen. Abandoning H!P now because your favorite Musume is ending her period of being cute is silly since several girls also had to graduate before Ai became leader.

---

Besides, she's turning 25 in September. You'd think she'd get tired of acting cutesy at that age. Morning Musume has leaders before Ai. Be happy for her and deal with it.

---

Oh, and Gaki will be the next leader. Good luck with that. You will be basically in charge of the training of the newbies.

+++

Judging on the Bijo Gaku special episode featuring the kyuukies, I could say that this Winter Tour seems to kick ass. Can't wait to have a copy of it.

+++

Browsing through old videos in You Tube and because of that, I really wish that UFA bring back the old Sports Festivals. It will showcase the girls and their "sporty" sides plus give all those artists without much projects something to do.

---

If that happens Chisato will now have a chance to enact her revenge against Maimi. But of course, Maimi will probably win in the end....unless she's terribly out of shape in the running department (which may also be the case for the rest of them).

---

In the event that Chisa will lose (and she probably will), I bet she'll just have her revenge in another form. Like sprinkling something in Maimi's bento, this time probably salt or powdered wasabi, whichever is available.

+++

Going back to Ai-chan's graduation, people are now worried that Berryz Kobo will eventually follow the same route.

---

Most of the members are aged 18. Captain is 19 and Momoko is turning 19 this year. So I guess they have a reason to be worried.

---

Eventually, everyone in Hello! Project has to leave one way or another. It's how it goes in the Idol industry. We can't change it. But one thing's for sure, these girls would have learned a lot from the experience.

---

But I don't think we should worry yet. Ai-chan will graduate this year, and she is 25. If the girls wanted, Berryz Kobo will stay for another 5 to 6 years or so.

---

I just hope they will graduate all at the same time. It's hard to follow a Berryz Kobo with new members. And I hope Maiha will also be in their graduation concert too.

---

A perfect ending to one of the most beloved and under-appreciated J-pop Idols of all time.

+++

2 comments:

  1. It's strange. While I'm acutely aware of the fate that will befall my idols in Berryz in the next half-dozen or so years... I don't think about it.

    There's a Scots poem by Robert Burns called "To a Mouse" which ends...
    "Still, thou art blest, compar'd wi' me!
    The present only toucheth thee:
    But Och! I backward cast my e'e,
    On prospects drear!
    An' forward, tho' I canna see,
    I guess an' fear!"

    And I guess, as fans, we all try to be a mouse. A mouse is only concerned with the present, and getting it's next meal. But for man, he can't help but look back to the past "on prospects drear", or look to the future and "guess and fear" what may be lurking around the corner.

    But, whilst there is a certain element of always looking back, neither man nor mouse wants to know that future. And so, as a fan, we choose not to think about the inevitable time when our Idol is no longer there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dran

    I agree. Which is why we should not worry about something that will happen far in the future. I'm enjoying Berryz Kobo and I am not worrying about the future. I accept it as a reality we all cannot escape but I'll worry about it when we get there.

    ReplyDelete